Friday, June 20, 2008

The President!!!

President George W. Bush is in town today. I knew when His helicopter took off from the airport on it's way to his luncheon downtown. I kept going outside hoping to catch a glimpse in the horizon...little did I know that he was going to fly directly over top of our home! I dragged Nicole outside (in her underwear!) and we stood out in the yard like a couple of goofs waving at the two presidential helicpoters. It was really neat. I wish I had a picture (of both the copter and Nicole). I hope I can find out when he leaves town...maybe they'll make the same flight pattern and I can get a picture this time. He was right over the house...he could have landed in the backyard and had lunch with us. I also couldn't believe how low they were flying. It really was neat. Regardless of what you think about the President...it's pretty neat that he's in town...and that he could have seen me holding my little sleeping baby and my adorable 2 year old waving at him.

Oh...Jeremy is working downtown, just a block or so from where he landed...so he was in on the excitement as well. Very cool!

2 comments:

karen said...

Very Cool!! I wonder if he was looking out the window, waving back?
I laugh as I think of you and Nicole waving wildly at the copter. What an exciting moment. Thanks for calling and sharing with me. What a great story to tell Nicole when she get old enough to understand. And for the President to fly right over your house!!WOW!! Thanks for sharing your stories, I sure do enjoy it

Anonymous said...

How Blessed are we. Last week we had the joy of having Michele and Hanna visit with us for a few days. What a great time we had, especially me getting to hold and spoil Hanna. She always had a smile on her little face so I named her "Happy Hanna". She is just adorable just like her big sister. We really appriciate Jeremy and Nicole for allowing his 2 girls to come visit. No one will ever know what that meant to both Sam and I. Love you all... Mama Pat