Monday, September 14, 2009

Vacation Part I-Ocala & TN

Our vacation started a bit earlier than expected. Jeremy had a job in Ocala on Thursday, and we were suppose to leave when he got off work on Friday. So, rather than make him drive back to get us (it's a 4 hour drive), we just went early to help save some time. While he worked, the girls and I hit the mall. He ended up getting his work done and not needing to work Friday at all, which was a special little treat. So, our vacation was officially started. We kicked it off by hitting the local Chuck E. Cheese.

Nicole did not really understand what a vacation was yet, so she kept asking "Is this our vacation?" She asked this while at Chuck E. Cheese, while checking into the hotel, before falling asleep that night. I think she's finally figured out that our vacation was the whole experience.

Friday morning, we set out for a 10 hour or so drive to Tennessee to visit Jeremy's sister and her family.


This is little Susannah. She's a little over 8 months old I believe. Isn't she adorable? Those eyes are so big and beautiful.

Hannah loved chilling on Uncle Chris' favorite chair.

Pharaoh Chris

Uncle Chris hanging out with his little niece just before bed.

Uncle Chris, Hannah and Seth (2 1/2)

Saturday we headed off to their local park for some much needed running around (after a long day in the car) and a picnic. I put together a little video of me taking the girls down a slide.

Sunday we went to church, then Jeremy & Chris took off for Bowling Green, Kentucky to watch Chris' brother race. He's a stock car racer, and a pretty good one at that. Unfortunately, he had a bad day and lost a race just before Jeremy and Chris got there. They hung around for a while watching the other races though. I know Jeremy enjoyed hanging out with Chris that day.

While the boys were away, the girls (and Seth) played. Tiffany set up a tea party with her pastor's wife and her daughters. Mrs. Jane as she is affectionately called is from England, so we had a proper tea time. Home-made scones, Home-made cream, properly brewed tea and so on. Nicole love it (she loves tea parties). She drank her tea from the tiny sugar spoon she was given. It was a nice time. I don't have any pictures from the tea party because I forgot my camera. Tiffy...do you have any you can send me?

**Funny story** After tea, everyone was hanging around in the kitchen while the little ones played. The phone rang and one of the older daughters went to answer it. I looked over, and she had a funny expression on her face. She kept saying, "Hello?" She walked around the corner and what do you think she found? Yep...sweet Nicole thought she'd do her hostess a favor and answer her calls for her. She was talking to some man looking for the pastor. We all got a good laugh, and Mrs. Jane and her kids were gracious enough not to get upset. It was pretty funny though that Nicole took the liberty to answer the phone.

Monday, Chris had t work, so the rest of us set off for a short day in Nashville. We went to the Opry Mills mall, walked around the Grand Ole Opry House, and walked through the Opryland Hotel.


The girls and I on the carousel

Tiffy, Seth & Susannah

The Grande Ole Opry

Nicole and I

This is the INSIDE of the Opryland Hotel. Complete with glass ceiling, a river and beautiful gardens. It was a site to see!

Another inside shot. All of the other pictures were also taken inside the hotel.



Hannah really is not a pirate, although she looks like one here. For some reason, when I ask her to smile, this is the face she makes! You'll see other pictures like it as I chronicle our vacation. She's so silly!

Another famous face of Hannah's

Nicole, sitting pretty:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for such a big post on your trip here! We had a great time with you guys, so glad you included us on your big trip!

Love,
Tiffy

P.S. I'll check for some pics from the tea party

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele! Tiff gave me the link to your website a while ago when you left facebook and I really have enjoyed reading through your blog! And I wanted you to know how excited I am for you and jeremy that you're having a little boy soon!!
Love
Rosie (Chubby)