I got to see my sweet friend Amanda, who moved from Naples in May. Her husband is in his first semester at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Amanda and I talk a lot through e-mail, so it was fun to get to see her new apartment and hear about life as a seminary wife, in real life :-)

After Amanda and I visited for a few hours, Jeremy's buddy John Michael got out of class (in his last year at SBTS) and they decided to go play Frisbee. John and Amanda came too...with their almost one year old, Maryn. So, we headed over to the beautiful campus to play some Frisbee. Nicole, Hannah and several other children had fun playing in the big green space and I had fun hanging out more with Amanda and my friend Amy.





We watched John Michael and his brother Glen play their intramural basketball game and then took off for dinner and a search for Ale 8. What is Ale 8 you might ask? According to Jeremy and others, only the most perfect beverage invented. It's a ginger ale type drink that is only made and sold in Kentucky. It's called Ale 8, but the real name is Ale 8 one (as in, a late one). I think they are gross...but don't let that get around when I'm up there, I'll get in trouble:-) Anyway, we found some Ale 8 (only 6 pack glass bottles are acceptable by the way, no cans or plastic bottles allowed) and we had a nice time of fellowship with John Michael at Moes.

The next morning, we took off for Atlanta. Our vacation was officially over. We started on business and ended on business. Jeremy had a large convention in Atlanta Wed-Sat that was the whole reason we even attempted our trip.
In Atlanta we stayed in a beautiful and very large house with Jeremy's parents and his co-worker Dan and his new bride Shanine. I don't have any pictures in Atlanta. I ended up getting pretty sick and sort of laid low. We just hung out at the house while the guys went to their show. Well...I went one day with Jeremy, even though I was sick. Mostly because he wanted to show me around, and I actually really enjoy walking around with him, listening to him ask questions about up coming products and viewing demos of amazing projectors and speakers. We even got to go out to a nice dinner that night, paid for by one of the vendors they use. It was fun to be with him that evening. Usually these shows are far away and I can't go with him, so I hear about what he does. I enjoyed being a part of it this time.
Sunday we drove home and made it in right at bed time. It was a long trip, but we had a lot of fun, made some great memories and enjoyed many many hours of wonderful time with our family.
I have one more vacation post tomorrow with some miscellaneous stories and tips for the next road trip. I hope you enjoyed coming along with us. It's been fun to sit back and remember the past few weeks.
1 comment:
Oh man...I miss L'ville! Memories! I recognized those shots from campus! :) So glad you guys had a good trip, thanks for doing such a good job taking pictures/videos so we could be in on it! :) Oh, I did find some pics from the tea party. I might go ahead and upload those now so you can put them in your misc. post tomorrow. Take care, hope all is well and you all are healthy. I'll probably give you a call this week...
Love you guys
Tiffy
Post a Comment