Thursday, February 17, 2011

A winter picnic

While the rest of the country was getting another crazy winter storm, we were cozy and warm here in South Florida.  A couple weeks ago, we came home from the gym and it was beautiful outside, so we had an impromptu picnic out back.  It's been a while since we have done this, so the girls were very excited.

Here they are, all sitting on our blanket.

Nate loves to eat.

Especially blueberries
Nicole decided her beanie hat was a perfect way to keep her hair from blowing around in her face.
And then, she disappeared.

After she disappeared, she decided to lay down with her doggie.  




After our picnic, the girls started playing doctor in their little house.  I have a great video from this, but it is way to big to upload : (


 And Nathan decided to go for a little bike ride.  He's so cute!

 Look at my carrots!  I grew them in a container. 
 And, this is green onions.  I use them all the time.  I need to plant them in a bigger pot and not so close next year.  But, I was glad to see they grew so well.
 Nate went back for more food too

So, that is our Florida picnic.  While the rest of the country chipped their cars out from under blocks of ice, we sat outside in the warm 70 degree sunshine. 

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aww that is a good idea! Harrison is too focused on exploring the birdbath at my house so I will have to wait until he gets over that!

Michele said...

Jennifer, I think you are my most loyal follower...at least commenter:-)

Pat Schooley said...

Hi Michele...

Your garden looks great,and the kids are just darling. I think Nicky went to sleep, and the kids are playing Dr. and I can tell Nate likes to eat. He's right in there on the picnic.

You all take care, and love you all.

Jennifer said...

I love seeing what the Rearden family is up to, and since I can't go out much for playdates, this is the best I can do :) I am sorry I was too busy to chat today at MOPS, breakfast is stressful!

Jen

Amanda said...

Gosh, Nathan is so cute.

Tiffany said...

I would be bitter about this post if it weren't 68 outside and sunny right now :) Glad I didn't see this then! ;)

Nate on the bike looks just like Jeremy from baby pics I remember of him!

karen said...

Great pictures.........all of them. Looks like a really fun morning. I Love my grand-kids, they are the cutest!!