Well, over the past week or so, we have been learning around Elephants. They key phrase is "I will remember what God has done for me". However, to be honest, I have not made the girls memorize that or really much of anything lately. We are gearing up though for a tough semester with lots of memorization...so, we need to start exercising our brains again.
Anyway....we did have fun reading about elephants and doing some really fun activities.
Some of our favorite books were
Grandma Elephant's in Charge by Martin Jenkins
An Elephant Grows up by Anastasia Suen
and Elephants Can Paint Too! by Katya Arnold.
The last one was really interesting and created a morning of fun for us. Elephants Can Paint Too! showed us about some Asian Elephants that are being taught to paint. Some just paint lines and dots...but some can even be taught to paint flowers! So...inspired by the book...we decided to paint like elephants. Although, instead of holding the brush with our trunk, we used our mouth (because we don't have a trunk, and there is no way our nose would work ;)
| Can you hear Nicole giggling here? |
They even dipped their paint brushes in the paint while holding it in their mouth. The girls really enjoyed this...they giggled almost the whole time.
| My little elephant's masterpiece |
| My other little elephant's masterpiece. |
| Nicole's hand print elephant with no help from me...just instructions |
| Hannah's hand print elephant...I had to help her a lot on this one. |
| Hannah's elephant mask...she glued this herself. |
| Nicole's elephant mask..she cut and glued herself:) |
| My Other Other little elephant. He saw me taking pictures and said "Ma-Ma, Cheese" So, I snapped a picture of him. |
3 comments:
This is so Cute.......I just love and adore those's little elephants....what a GREAT job the girls did....I Loved the pictures real keepers. Nicole did a wonderful on the handprint...she has a talent in the art department, even with the gluing, hannah does an awesome job gluing for her age....... the handprint you helped Hannah with looked great also......infact I would love to do that. Great pictures, I can hear the giggles, the look on Hannah's face with the paint on her forehead.......priceless. Nathan is a real ham.....he is so cute, adorable....and very funny. thanks for the sharing.......Loved it.....you are one fun mom!!!
totally adorable! I have just been doing some easy worksheets for Caden gearing him up to working more independantly on some things. Also just some review of what letter sounds are and reading a little. I start more intense stuff when Joe goes back to teaching. The crafts look like so much fun! I am doing Letter of the Week with Bug again (last time she really just listened and played) so this will be great for letter E
LOVE!
Post a Comment