A few people have asked me that question over the past week or so...."So Michele....How are you? Really???"
Really??? I'm doing great.
I really love it up here.
I really love the amount of reduced stress our family is under.
I really love spending so much time with my children.
I really love our free schedules.
I really love our new home.
I really love our new neighborhood.
(OK, right now, I don't really like that it's 5:30am and Nathan is up for the day)
I really love having a homeschool room and using it every day.
I really love our backyard and our beautiful view.
I really love that my husbands likes his job.
(OK, I really don't love his long commute...but this will change, hopefully sooner than later, for his sake!)
Really...I'm doing well...really :)
I think people are expecting me to have a nervous break down after moving from everything I've ever known. I'm not denying that this may happen...but right now, there are no signs of it.
I think I am still coming down off the stress and chaos of last year. I am so content to wake up and spend time with my children all day (until about 3:30 when I run out of ideas for things to do :) I thought I would be going crazy at this point because I am used to having sweet grandma's around to give me breaks, let me run to the store alone, play with my kids while I clean...you know, things like that. I will be honest...I miss them (the grandmas) and there are days that I am waiting for Jeremy to get home because I'm about to loose it...but then, he gets home and everything seems ok again. I do miss my mom and Valerie...but not for the reasons I thought I would miss them. I miss just seeing them and spending time with them as we run errands. I don't miss them because of the work they did for me...I miss them because of what they mean to me. Examples of moms who gave their all to their children (and made it through this early childhood stage :) I miss their conversations (but we still have the phone and email and facebook). I know my kids miss them like crazy!
Nicole told me last night that I need to make some friends. Maybe SHE is the one who will have a nervous breakdown, with a mommy who is always around her, hahaha. Although it's true...I haven't made one real friend yet, I know that will come. And, it doesn't bother me to much (yet anyway). I have a few friends who have kept in really good contact with me, and for them, I am grateful!
We just went to church last week for the first time, so I am hoping as the weeks go by that I will make friends there. I don't know...it's weird. I'm just not that worried about it.
I honestly feel so content to just hang out at home and spend time playing and learning with my kids. Really.
I love living up here. So, how am I? Really...I'm doing very well :)
Really.
2 comments:
I think sometimes the hardest is not being able to call u on the spur of the moment to meet up, lunch etc... The other night we were going to Manginos, my first thought was, let's call the kids and have them meet us....Still look at all the white vans in town to see if it's yours :( I guess that will all change as time presses on. But, the gratefulness I feel for the way everything has worked out, quickly gets my heart right back where it needs to be.
I know the days are sometimes long, but, the years are so short.
Yay! :)
I've never had a grandma (mom or MIL) nearby, so I'm not sure...it would be a bit of a shock to have one now. ;-) But no, it's not so bad. Sometimes it really is nice to have a season of being home, home, home. I forgot about WINTER in Naples. Because normally in most places, you have winter, where things just slow down and people stay home. It really is good for the soul in some ways, I think. So just think of this as winter, and soon it will be "spring." Friends will come out like the blossoms that come out here. :)
Post a Comment