Thursday, November 14, 2013

An Ode to our Sofa



After 9 years, we are finally letting go of our favorite living room furniture. It was given to us by our friends, Mark & Michelle Helweg. This sofa & chair have given us comfortable rest when we have been sick and after surgeries, has welcomed friends, family, and acquaintances into our home. They have been the seat of choice for hundreds of weekly men's Bible studies. There were a place of physical rest after long days at work, delivery of three babies, and mourning two losses. Jeremy first told me that he loved me while sitting on the chair at the Helweg's house, before they were even ours:) Although I realize that they are only couches, they have been a blessing since the first day we received them. We have outgrown them and need to move on, but as the set leaves our home today, they carry with them many memories. The cushions have caught our tears and our laughter. More recently, they have become a source of fun for our children as they build forts with the cushions and pillows, practice acrobatics, and wrestle together.

Thank you Mark and Michelle for passing them on to us so many years ago.
 — 

And.....here is our new sofa!

Besides the fact that I will never purchase something from American Signature Furniture again, I love these sofas!  We can finally all sit together.  Jeremy and I can sit comfortable with one another, and still lay down or see the TV if we are watching a movie (which we haven't yet....can someone add a few more hours to our day?).  I am super happy with it!

No comments: