Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Baseball bats and bears

Earlier this month, Nathan was asked to go outside to pick up his baseball bat and bring it in.  The problem was...it was dark. He was scared to go out back.  Several months ago, there was a bear on our street.  A 350+ lbs black bear.  It was quite exciting, but ever since then....the kids think there is a bear outside at night (let's be honest here...I do too).

So, after some coaxing, Nathan prepared himself to go outside.

He found a flashlight.

And a bamboo spatula.

And then, he announced his plan.

"Mommy, daddy, if I see da bear oustide, I'm just going to spank him!"

Of course, we all laughed.  Then, he thought a moment later and said, "No, I'm not going to spank him.  I'm going to shoot him.  Daddy, I need a gun!"

More laughter.

 No, he didn't get a gun.  So then, it took him a while to get outside because he was shining his light through the broken screen.  Shining it all around our fenced backyard, making sure there was no bear ;)

The good news is...he returned, safe and sound :)

No comments: