Saturday, March 29, 2014

Honeymoon Island, with my littles

While Jeremy and Nicole were away on an overnight camping trip (someone call Jeremy and ask him to put the pictures on the computer so I can write about it ;), I took the Hannah and Nathan to the beach.  We went to Honemoon Island State Park.  It was beautiful.  ( I daresay, it ranked right up there with Naples beaches...maybe even better ).  

 We were there at a perfect time.  It was low tide, so there was, what seemed to be a tidal pool, for the kids to play in.  This meant, they could play in shallow water that was separated from the Gulf without me worrying about rip currents.  It was a perfect depth for the to play, before coming a sand bar and going out into deeper water again.

We had a lot of fun looking for, and finding shells.  I have not had this much luck finding beautiful, in tacked shells at other beaches before.  Here is out bounty.
 We even found a live conch (we put it back in the water after I took a picture), as well as a hermit crab.
 The creature inside the conch.
 The sand was soft, white and beautiful!

Pretty sailboat 
 I'm not sure if anyone knows this or not...but...these two adore each other.  They love to talk and play together.  They had a blast covering one another in sand.


Can you see the joy on this little boy's face.

Love
 Hannah really wanted to take a picture where it looks like she is holding the sun.  This was our first take...it's still a bit to high.





Nate insisted on some "scary" faces, so this is their "scary" pose.

I think we got it....she's holding the sun.
It was a sweet time with my two youngest children.  I was battling a pretty intense head cold that weekend, so it was nice to get outside, but be somewhere that I could just sit and not be to active.  I love spending time with them.

No comments: