Believe it or not, even though I've lived on the Gulf Coast my entire life, I have only been on a boat a handful of times. So, when a friend invited the kids and I out a few weeks ago, I jumped at the chance! Our kids were so excited, and quite honestly...we needed a break. A day to sit back and do nothing. I mean, when you are on an island, you can't do laundry, or math charts, or writing, right?

The kids enjoyed this treats from this little boat that pulled up. I never even considered that instead of a food truck, there are food boats.
I. Just.Can't. Even. Believe. How. Fast. This. Girl. Is. Growing
The whole crew: Harper, Hannah, Christian, Israel, Nicole, Nathan, Saylor, Jordan
So, these are The Dome Houses. This was a house that was built in the 80s. It came into disrepair in the late 90s and when Hurricane Wilma blew through in the early 2000s it began to wash away the beach these homes were once standing on. One day, they will be underwater.
This was the first time I have seen the Dome Houses in person.
Florida, on the water, in December. It's something special :)
Sunset NEVER get old!
So, we must have done something right, despite our misunderstanding with life jackets, because our friends invited us back out on the boat...and Jeremy got to come along too! Once again, it was good for us to get out of the house and be forced to do Nothing!
My little Beach Girl, who can't help but to get as much sand in as many crazy places as possible. I mean...Hannah totally rolls in the sand. She loves it. I think this picture perfectly describes her, and winter in Florida.
Obligatory boat selfie. Smile :)
I'm so thankful for two super fun days with fun friends. I don't think I want to invest in a boat ( I mean, I can barely find time to do the laundry, let alone go out on a boat enough to feel like it's worth the payment), but it was sure fun to spend a day with friends :)
No comments:
Post a Comment