We spent a lot of time learning about space this year. We used a really fun Usborne book called "Astronaut Academy" to help us learn more about the training of astronauts and life in space. Apparently, the kids were inspire. They created a really fun (and funny) skit about the space shuttle taking off and landing. I loved their creativity.
They also practiced "docking" a space ship to the International Space Station. The kids were each blindfolded, then their siblings had to give vocal commands such as forward, left right, up, and down to "land" the cup inside of a another cup. Easier said than done!
Silly antics when you steal mom's phone. Nathan love his stuffed animals, especially if they are soft :)
Just because we have a farmer's market, it doesn't mean that school is out for the day. Nope, Nathan and Hannah always had a table set up for some math and spelling to take place.
Silly antics. How can she look so adorable in this outfit. I want to be Hannah when I grow up!
The kids and I attempted to build models of the rockets for US Space missions (one piece of their memory work). We build Mercury and Gemini. Apollo and others are still in the box, haha
Just a little photo of Hannah giving a presentation during CC. I don't know what the topic was, but she has come a long way from the days of nervously lifting her skirt to high :)
Nicole is reading one of her Essentials papers to her class
Back to Astronaut Academy. The kids had to dress like an astronaut, then go search for objects in their room, with the lights off.
This was a hilarious activity. Someone may have had to change their pants! hahaha
They wore a mask, a heavy backpack, rain boots, and a flashlight. oh....they also tried to balance a bucket on their heads, but it kept falling off. Nathan could barely stand, let alone walk!
The kiddos also build a DaVinci inspired catapult. It was very cool, and flung grapes, marshmallows, and any other small object, about 15 feet. I believe that Hannah built this on her own!
More presentations!
This is one of my favorite pictures. It always makes me laugh. I found it after a market day. Apparently Nathan and Hannah were feeling silly. Aren't they funny?
I don't know if long hair is the right choice for him :)
Funny masks at Yaya's house. I don't even have words...
Crazy hair day at CC. How is it that my kids still look adorable. I must love them.
This actually has potential to be a really pretty up do.
Nathan wouldn't let me cut his hair for 2 months so he could grow it out for this funky hair day.
Hannah was going for a Cindy-Lou-Who style
I decided to go as the crazy Lilla Rose lady...it worked :)
Nathan and Hannah, working on their timeline cards.
This sweet girl right now has started her own book club. She has invited friends to gather together once a week to talk about books they have read, and then swap them. I love it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment