Monday, August 14, 2017

6th Grade, 4th Grade, 2nd Grade


It's always awkward when to say we are starting a new school year.  We school year round, and take time off when and where we want.  I would probably say that the kids "graduated" back in May...but we don't usually acknowledge it until August, the beginning of a typical school year.  So, we will hold with that tradition.

I have no idea how this has happened, but I have a "middle schooler"!  Good thing this means nothing to us as homeschoolers.  Nicole has her final year of the Foundations & Essentials program in Classical Conversations.  This is her 8th year.  She is anticipating a wonderful year and eagerly looking forward to a new class next year in Challenge A.  However, there is no need to make her grow up too quickly, so we will just enjoy this final year together.

Hannah starts Essentials this year.  She has been looking forward to being in the afternoon class with her big sister.  And, I get to be their tutor as well.  It will be a challenge this year to go back to having a first year student.  New struggles.  However, that also means new victories.

Nathan just keeps getting older without anyone noticing, and I think he likes it that way.  He is continuing in Foundations this year and still has two years before he is old enough for Essentials.  For now, he is great fun, and bring laughter to our days.
The kids insisted I take a picture as well.  So...here I am.  Year 8 or so of homeschooling. I'm tutoring Essentials this year.  It's my first year leading the class.  Ack!!!
The girls are excited to be in class together.  This is the only year they will be together.

First day of CC selfie.  Woohoo!  Let's make this a great year!!

No comments: