Nicole is fascinated with gum. We won't let her chew it yet, and here is a good reason.
Friday night I was cooking dinner and Jeremy was holding Hannah on the phone. I saw Nicole run into our bedroom. A minute or two later, I notice that it was very quiet and I didn't see her come out. I went in our room and called out her name, no answer...so I peaked around the side of the bed and she looked up at me smiling, with empty gum wrappers surrounding her and a mouth full of gum. I had to turn around and walk out because I was laughing so hard, but didn't want her to see her. I tried telling Jeremy what was going on, but since he was on the phone, he only half understood. So...I realized I needed to go back in there and deal with the situation. When I returned, she jumped up and smiled and started saying gum....however, it wasn't in her mouth anymore. Yes...she swallowed approx. 5 pieces (small pieces) or gum!!!! She turned around before she walk out and said "trash" and went over to pick up the wrappers. In all honesty...it was hysterical! Just one of those moments where I couldn't "deal with the situation" because I was caught off guard and just trying to control my laughter. I wish I had a picture.
2 comments:
Such a great story, but I must amitted that I YaYa am the guilty party for Nicoles fasination of gum, I chew it all the time, and it's almost unheard of for Nicole not to see me chewing gum, thats almost the first thing she notices if I am chewing gum or not. She even knows where I keep the gum in my purse and offers it others including herself, shaking her head yes for approval. Just way to funny, sure wish I could of seen her chewing on that gum, I can only imagen the look on her face smiling of course and chewing, and being so proud!! Love you, mom
Post a Comment