Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I smell like spit up...and other random things

I was sitting here checking my e-mail and wondering what smelled so bad..it's me. I smell like spit up. I have been covered in it today. Hannah has done of great job of hitting both my shoulders, so matter which way I turn, it's there. I just went in to check on her (both Hannah and Nicole are sleeping...YAY!!) She has been searching for her fingers to suck on and I think she's officially "found" them. She is currently sucking on her two middle fingers. Adorable.

I'm thankful I get to stay at home and raise these two sweet girls, but it's not an easy task. I feel like I am constantly battling to stay focused on the task at hand. It's easy to look at other "successful" women and wonder why I spend my days sitting on the floor, cleaning up half eaten food, reading the same book (for te 500th time!), wiping poopy butts, listening to crying and constantly saying No to the TV. I think the days I get antsy to do something else are the days I loose site of the goal. Our lives are so full of instant gratification that it's difficult to remember that I must wait a long time...many many years probably to see the fruit of my work today. I thank God that my husband sees the value in what I do everyday, even if on the outside it looks like I've done nothing, and he constantly encourages me to persevere.

I love my little girls. Nicole is ball of energy and laughs. She is one of the funniest people I know. She is independent, yet needy. She is smart, strong, and lives every moment as it is. She reminds me to enjoy life, not the whole of it...but every minute. I have a lot to learn from her.

Hannah is just a sweet, precious baby. She is quick to smile and communicate. I can be sad, mad, frustrated, annoyed, or any other emotion, and her smile will instantly make it go away. I have never known a baby to be so quick to communicate and grab attention. And now she's giggling...ahh....the prettiest sound in the world.

Thank you Lord that I am not missing a moment of their lives. I pray that I will be a good mother who will love her children always. I pray that He will draw them to Himself and that they will follow Him and love Him all the days of their lives.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little Spit up now, frustrating Long days..YES!!! "Successful women" ...only in the worlds eyes...
These things will not compare to the day those girls "rise up and call you blessed" or when u enter into the kingdom and hear those long awaited words..." well done my good and faithful servant, enter into my rest"... ahhh finally rest for my soul!!
I'm proud to be a recepient of all of your hard labor... thanks!! grammy

Anonymous said...

Oops..accidentally pressed the anonymous button then signed my name ha, ha, ha, ha.. that's a classic!!

Anonymous said...

I laughed when I was reading about smelling like spit up!! as you know Justin spit up all.............the time, infact I think the spit up soaks into your skin after a while!! I still think I can still smell it after all these's year, its just a smell that you always remember. When Hannah spits up on me, gee, I don't even smell it. SOUR MILK!! YUMMY!!
MEMORIES ARE WONDERFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

Michele, I just love you so....much. Just a few words of encourgement. You my dear sweet daughter, Have the most IMPORTANT JOB in the world, NO ONE on the face of this earth has a more rewarding job then you, poopy butts and all. The Lord has blessed you with patients, and a true gift of Motherhood!! Wow, I am just amazed and Honored as your mom to watch you with your girls, you make me so very proud!! You are an AWESOME mom, wife and daughter. The road may seem long at times but what a wonderful adventure you and Jeremy have ahead of you!! (I think Im gonna cry) Stay on your knees and pray, and praise God from whom all blessing flow!! You have such wonderful memories already, keep them close to your heart always!! Your family is Blessed!! I thank God everyday that you able to stay home with the girls and give them the nursering that they need to be strong, healthy, independent, Happy, and mostly one day Godly young ladys. Thank you Jeremy for wanting Michele to be a stay at home mom, thank you for being a great provider, Daddy, and Husband and for being the Godly leader in your home. Enjoy the hugs, kisses, smiles, laughter and poopy butts, theses are God way to show us his uncondital LOVE. Hugs and Love

Teri said...

Ahhhh...that was awesome. I needed that. Thank you! :)