Tuesday, February 1, 2011

CC - Presentation - and ramblings about the family

I'm home.  I made it!  The kids made it.  The other sweet moms in the class made it.  Thank you Lord!

This morning I had the opportunity to be a substitute in Nicol's CC class.  I was thankful for the routine and schedule that her regular teacher has, because I was able to follow it pretty closely and the kids all stayed engaged.  We made it through the day, and it was actually pretty fun.  The morning is extremely fast paced.  You have about 4 minutes to introduce each subject (1/2 hour total), then we have science for half an hour, then presentations for half an hour, then art for half an hour and finally review for half an hour.  Latin was the hardest subject.  The paper I had for the kids was a level above them, so they had a hard time filling in the blanks.  But, I think the rest of the subjects were introduced fairly well.  The kids especially liked kicking the ball to learn about Newton's First Law of Motion. As a review game, we played Alphabet bingo.  I put letters on the review cards with a paper clip through a whole.  Then the kids "went fishing" with a magnet.  They had to answer the question and then everyone could mark their bingo pads.  I wasn't sure how it would go...but it worked.  They didn't get bored until the very end.  I enjoyed the opportunity to teach and would certainly do it again, if they ever asked me to:-)

I forgot my camera, so I couldn't tape Nicole's presentation. She talked about groundhogs.  Since she had been sick, it was a little rough coming up with a topic this week.  But, she pulled together yesterday to learn the info she needed to know. 

Next week, Nicole and I will be leading the opening ceremony.  I'm not sure what to talk about.  I was thinking about talking to the group about coupons.  Does that sound lame?  Nicole knows quite a bit, just from helping and watching me.  Maybe it could be informative for the moms and we could talk about being a good steward of our money.  Any other ideas out there?

On a different note....I want to always remember how Hannah, at the age of 2 1/2 always asks us if we remember things.  For instance, this morning, she was talking to Jeremy before work and she said, "Daddy, we went to your work, you remember?" (we were at the office with him last night while he caught up on some paper work).  I wish I could take a picture of the way she says it, with her head cocked to one side and a sincere and inquisitive look on her face.  She's so stinking cute!

I also love how she doesn't call Jeremy "daddy" right now.  She's calling him "Daddy-o"  For instance, today I was helping her go potty and she said, "mommy, you help me...not daddy-o"  hehehe.  Two phrases I know she'll outgrow that I don't want to forget.

Finally, I have a prayer request I'd like to share with you.  Jeremy is preparing to take a sate certification exam within the next few weeks. This will give him a certification to do low voltage  or "limited energy" work anywhere in the state.  Passing this test is sort of a job requirement for him.  It is a very difficult exam that generally needs to be taken several times for people to pass.  Of course, he would prefer to only take it once.  If you think about it, would you remember him in prayer this month as he prepares?  He will need many hours of studying.  When we have an exact date for the test, I will let you all know so you can pray for him then.  We were hoping for Feb. 9th, but he may not be "approved" in time.  So, thank you....I appreciate it.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ohhhh myyyy goodness! Maryn is doing the "you remember?" thing too! It's sooooo cute!

Michele said...

I wish Hannah and Maryn could play together. I bet they would be really funny to watch:-)