Monday, February 21, 2011

Their First Date

Saturday, February 19, 2010
The girls went on their very first date. 

They were so excited.  All day long they just wanted to know if it was time for their date yet.
They both took a bath, blew their hair dry and styled with a curling iron.

They pick out their own dresses (well, with a bit of guidance, I said no to the dress up clothes).
Their date arrived, dirty and a bit stinky.  With permission, he took a shower.
The girls stood outside the door, in eager expectation.
They sat patiently in the kitchen, waiting for their date.

They politely said they wanted the jeep top up because "they don't want to get their hair all messy".

Finally, their date was clean, shaven and ready to go. 
He was not given a fearful speech or threatened with a shotgun.

He graciously escorted them out the door and opened the door to the car. 
Their date treated them with utmost respect and gentleness.
Their date....was their daddy!

This was their first ever, official, daddy-daughter date night, hosted by our amazing Chic-fil-a.  Reservations were made several days in advance.  A waiter was on hand, at their beckon call night long.  With a tablecloth and plates, a long stemmed red rose and balloons, there was little to be lacking in this wonderful evening.  Nicole and Hannah had the best date of their lives.  I'm sure it was a moment that won't soon be forgotten.  And a moment I hope will happen again...and again...and again. 

It was their first date.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

They both look so precious! Nicole is truly a knockout, Michele. :) She looks a lot like you!

Pat Schooley said...

How adorable!!

I can just see them waiting patiently at the door, and they both looked so cute.
But I can't imagine their date having to get cleaned up and shaven. What a date they must have had. Really a fun time.
Really is sweet.
Love you all...

karen said...

So Sweet, I am in tears...... the girls looked adorable, and Jeremy so handsome!! What a truly memorable evening filled with the Love of a wonderful daddy!!

Tiffany said...

Awww...I love it! I've wanted Chris and Susie to do that at our chick-fil-a too..thought we might wait till next year. They are so adorable (all 3 of them!) :) The girls look beautiful...and yes, I'll echo, what happened to your baby? (Nicole!!! Goodness-she's gorgeous!)