Last week, my cousin Matt his wife charity and their four year old son Nathan came down on vacation (for the sake of no confusing, I will call our Nathan "Nate" in this post). We were excited to spend a little time together and allow the little cousins to get to know each other and play together.
Of course, we must have our priorities in the right order, so the very first thing the guys did was go fishing. Jeremy and Matt drove straight from the airport to Tin City to jump on a boat that was going 8 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico to fish. I believe they had a great time and brought back a great catch to share with everyone.
Charity and I took the kids and headed in a different direction, up to the Imaginarium.
The kids to go pet sting rays....
Look at nasty snakes, spiders and cockroaches (why would they eve have a cockroach on display! Gross!!!). We tried to watch a 3-D movie, but it terrified my little princesses, so we had to make a quick escape.
The kids got to be archaeologists and dig around for bones and artifacts in the sand.
Nathan and Nicole got to experience hurricane force winds.
Nicole and Hannah acted as meteorologists and gave us a forecast of weather (but it's a video, I can't show you that right now)
Sunday, we went to church, had a big dinner at my parents and watched the Super Bowl....the little cousins just got to play and get to know each other more.
Than, they went to Orlando for several days, while the rest of us had to live our normal lives.
When they got back on Thursday, we didn't get a chance to see them, but made plans to do something fun on Friday. The problem came Friday morning when I woke up feeling the nausea that Nicole and Jeremy had earlier in the week. Charity asked if she and Nathan could just come over and hang out anyway instead of going somewhere. I said yes, but when she saw how I was feeling, she quickly told me to go lay down...and she got to work. A few hours later, my nausea turned into vomiting. I became worried about how I was going to take care of children when I was having a hard time taking care of myself. Charity asked me if she could stay and watch the kids play and make us dinner so I could go in the bedroom and rest (and throw up). She assured me that all she wanted to do was let Nathan play with his cousins. It was a rainy day...the park was out anyway. But, it was her last day of vacation. Her very last day of her Florida vacation and she humbly and sacrificially gave it to me and my family. To serve us, step in and help in a time of need. I was so touched by her kindness and love. I truly do not know how I would have taken care of my children that day (especially Nate, who will not sit and watch TV all day like the girls would).
The kids had a great time together. Nicole and Nathan, I believe, formed a lasting friendship....I think they will both remember this day together. They played non-stop all day long. Nate just sat, in awe of all the excitement and energy in the house and watched. And Hannah tagged along and was in on most of the play time.
We enjoyed spending time with my cousins. And Charity...if you are reading this...Thank you again for your sacrificial service that Friday. You were literally, an answer to prayer.



2 comments:
That is soooo sweet. My mom didn't even take that good care of me when she was here when I was sick. LOL
That's so kind, (especially knowing she or her kids could get the bug too! Did they?)
I love how God meets our needs
Post a Comment