Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nicole Authored Her First Book

At the beginning of the month was Dr. Seuss' birthday.  We celebrated by reading several of our favorite Dr. Seues books and talking a lot about what an author and illustrator is.  We observed that Dr. Seuss often writes with rhyming words, and even makes his own words up sometimes. 

Later that day, we decided to write our own book, Dr. Seuss book.  Nicole dictated her story to me and I wrote it out.  Then she illustrated the story.  We had a lot of pages at the end of the book, so we decided to make a list of rhyming words. 

Besides the idea to write a book, this whole book was Nicole's idea.  I am so proud of her.  This is a treasure I will keep forever.








Globe - Nobe (kind of like an english or a spanish word for note.)  Dr. Seuss made up words, why can't Nicole?



For some reason, no one seems to get it, but those are eyes below the word look.

2 comments:

Pat Schooley said...

I am so proud of her. She did a very good job writing her book, and I could tell they were eyes....

karen said...

I Love,Love, Love this book, the art work is GREAT!! Nicole, you did a WONDERFUL JOB on this book!!!!! A real Treasure.

Dr. Seuss is by far one of my Favorites, just in case you wanted to know......hehe