Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Big Boy Bed
One of our neighbors recently moved. In her move, there were several pieces of furnture she was trying to sell. One was a perfect twin size mattress. I walked across the street several times to look at the mattress...all the while thinking of the top bunk in the kids' room that has been empty.
We bought a bunk bed just before Nathan was born. The girls share the bottom full size bed. The top bunk has been on the bed with no mattress. It has been a source of hours of imagination and entertainment for Nicole...and one really bad boo for Hannah.
However, I just couldn't pass up this mattress. For the few dollars it cost us, I knew I wouldn't be able to find a nicer mattress. So, we bought it, and changed the entire room around for the kids.
Now, my sweet little baby boy sleeps in a Big Boy Bed. We went to Target and picked out some linens and decorations...sports themed of course. He loves his bed. Nate must use a step stool to get on it, but I catch him just sitting in bed smiling several times a day. It's adorable.
He has done really well sleep in it too. We have had just a few times of him testing his limits, getting out of bed and playing or exploring his room when he really should be laying down.
It hit me the other day though. I went to check on him and I saw this very tiny little boy, stretched out in this "huge" bed. I imagined him growing through the years, as a five year old, a ten year old...an 18 year old with his large strong legs hanging off the end. This may very well be his bed for the rest of his life living at home. It's such a sweet site to see this little boy, curled up with his blanket, sleeping soundly in the corner of the bed and imagine him growing into it, until one day, the bed will be to small for him.
The crib is gone, make way for the Big Boy. Just like the girls, he is growing up and Not slowing down. Capture these moments, remember and hide them away as sweet memories to take out treasure in the coming years
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
AWWW!! I know how you feel...Susie still looks swallowed up in her twin bed. Wow, time flies! He just doesn't seem old enough for a big boy bed yet! What independence! Michele, in every pic I see of him he's just getting bigger and bigger (and cuter!!) It made me smile when I saw the p.j.'s he has on-his cousin Seth is wearing those very ones right now!
Post a Comment