We tried to make things as colorful and rainbow-y as possible. This included a bouqet of rainbow twizzlers topped with a spinning rainbow flower, multi-colored table decorations, twirly straws and streamers every where.
When the girls arrived, we spent the first few minutes making rainbow necklaces out of Lucky Charms. It was neat to see the creativity these girls had! Kristina had a plan from the very beginning. She alternated blue and purple, and she only wanted her "beads" to be in the front of her necklace, not filling the whole things up.
![]() |
| Nicole and Abigail checking out their new jewlery |
Then, we went outside to tie dye a shirt. Some people might think I'm crazy for trying this...but I think it went well. I got the girls aprons and gloves and had plenty of "mom support". I can not wait to see the shirts these girls made. The only bummer thing with this project is that we are not having a party tomorrow to see everyone's creation! That I know of...no one got dye on their clothes or skin! yipee!!!
I don't have any pictures of this, but Nicole made up a game. It was probably the biggest "hit" of the morning. A few months ago, she collected a ton of seashells at the beach. We (ok, she) has been painting them and gluing them to paper. She hid them all this morning and the girls did a shell scavanger hunt. Her friends had 5 minutes to find as many shells as possible. Everyone found at least two. The best part was about half way through when Nicole yelled "C'mon guys...Persevere!"
Then, we tried to play twister. This was kind of a flop....I think a few of them liked it...but not all of them.
After Twister we had snack/lunch time. See my rainbow fruit tray:) We opened gifts and then we had cake.
Oh...the cake. This was very exciting for me. It was a six layer cake (made of two boxes) Rainbow cake! It was a huge hit! I got the idea here.
![]() |
| I was much more excited over this cake than anyone else I think:-) |
It did topple over near the end. Somehow, I saw it happening and saved it. We will eat the rest tomorrow on Nicole's real birthday.
![]() |
| Nicole and Clancey |
![]() |
| Kristina and Nicole (and the new dog that Nicole drags around the house and has named Lola) |
![]() |
| Ashlynd and Nicole...just a few days apart in age. |
![]() |
| Abigail and Nicole |
![]() |
| Hannah Mae and Nicole |
![]() |
| Isabella and Nicole |
This was the first birthday party that Nicole had all to herself with just little girls her age. I won't do that all the time, but I feel like it worked well for this one. The tie dye would have been a disaster with younger ones...and I fear the seashell scavenger hunt would have been "boring" to the older ones. It was simply perfect. Nicole had a great time with all of her little sweet friends! I'm so thankful that even at 5 years old, she has sweet friends in her life.
















3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE!!!
Michele, what a cleaver idea of the rainbow cake....it looks huge. I have one question??? It looks like the party was at your mom & dad's house and I want to know...how did you get by with the Lucky Charms and her not pick out all the marshmellows and eat all the them??? LOL!!! Yes, remember I was a kid once and she is my older sister and Lucky Charms the Marshmellow's would come up missing and only then when asked where are the marshmellows....would you hear a laughter coming from my sister. LOL!!!
What a wonderful party. God BLess you!!! ((((HUGS))))
Hahaha...yes, mom is the marshmallow eater! I actually used Fruit Loops, so there weren't any marshmallows...and the party was at our house (mom and I have a similar cabinet). Thanks for the birthday wishes...Nicole had a great day!
What fun! All is have to say is, Michele, you are so creative and I struggle with being envious of your creativity! That was all so cute and well thought out! I LOVED the cake!! Great job pulling off a memorable 5th b-day for Nicole!
Post a Comment