Yesterday, we discovered there is a bird's nest in the bougavillia tree outside our front door...and an even greater surprise are the three little birides we heard chirping away. They just hatched yesterday (in fact, earlier in the day I only saw two...later I saw the third). I've been watching the mommy and daddy birding quickly flying back and forth with food. It's amazing to see those new little animal lives.
The nest is a little high for me, so I can't get a great picture (maybe Jeremy can help me out later). But, here are shots of the the tiny beak. (if you click the picture, it will zoom in)
When I was outside near the tree...the mommy and daddy birds didn't attack me (surprisingly), but they did watch me. One stared at me from the power lines, and one watched me from the roof, just above the tree (again, if you click the picture, you ought to be able to see the food in the bird's beak).
I'm hoping this video will work...fingers crossed!
2 comments:
So cool! I can't wait to show Maryn!
Have you guys seen the Sid the Science Kid episode about "animal communication?" It has some good stuff about bird calls. And the books The Best Nest and Are You My Mother? were some of my favorites when I was little.
No...I haven't seen that Sid...is it new? We've taken a break from Sid for a while because they had seen them all.
Post a Comment