Friday, August 5, 2011

5 Year old Handprint

I have been waiting more than 5 years for the moment we had on Wednesday.  I remember the first time I walked into our pediatrian's office when Nicole was a newborn and I was surrounded on every possible wall with handprints.  When a child turns 5, they are allowed to place their handprint on the wall of the office.  I remember thinking..."5?  5 years old...that is SO far away!"  And, now....we are here.  We have a 5 year old who finally got to put her handprint on the wall.

To be honest, I was way more excited than she was.  I literally had nightmares about two things happening - 1. That they would run out of room and my kids wouldn't get to print
2. That one day, I would walk in and the painted the walls white and erased over 15 years of memories. 

But...neither one happened:)

So, without further ado....Photos of Nicole's special moment.

This is the picture herself that Nicole chose.


Dr. Brown let Nicole have a purplish color...custom made (but it's a secret!)





Hannah was sad she couldn't put her hand on the wall:(  Two more years sweet girl.

2 comments:

Pat Schooley said...

They are such adorable pictures.Nicole finally put her handprint on the wall. Wish I would have thought about that, only we moved to many times. How many walls do you have to put handprints on? Is your house still for sale? I know you need a larger place. We love you all, and xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
hugs and kisses to all of you.
Mama Pat

Michele said...

Mama Pat...she put her handprint up on the Pediatrian's wall at her office...not a wall in our home :)