Sunday, we spent the whole day at the resort. Our resort was amazing. We had a two bedroom condo with a full kitchen, living room and dining area. We were on the 10th floor which was fun and we had a beautiful pool to spend lots of time in. Our family really needed some "down time". Time to just hang out together, laugh, relax and play. So, that is what today was all about.
After breakfast, we went to the pool for several hours.
 |
| It was really humid and the lens kept fogging up |
It is such a joy for me to watch the girls play together.
 |
| Hannah spent hours playing and falling backwards |
 |
| The girls...devising a scheme |
 |
| I think Hannah had an idea, and Nicole her hurt knee. |
They just go off on their own and get lost in their pretend world. I heard them play "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" (a show on the disney channel), I'm pretty sure I heard them also playing "Tangled" a movie about Rapunzel. They played games with other children and chased with daddy.
 |
| Nate played with the noodle and ball most of the time |
 |
| Even while resting, he wouldn't put the ball down |
Somehow Jeremy talked Nicole into going down the pirate ship slide. What none us us knew is that it was windy and pitch black.
 |
| Waiting to go up the ship |
She was a little upset when she came out (I heard her screaming the whole way, hehehe).
After a hot lunch in the room, we all took naps. Well...not All of us. I got to use a $50 voucher that came with my groupon deal AND a gift card to a spa someone had given me. I got an hour long hot stone massage. I have never had one of those before. It was wonderful. I could get use to that ;)
When I got back from my massage, everyone was up and we took off to Downtown Disney. But before we got there, we spotted a Rawlings outlet next to the resort, so we stopped by there first. Nate could not stop saying "ball" and got his own Atlanta Brave baseball bat and ball set. Jeremy wanted to make sure he had a picture of this. I think Jeremy could have spent several hours in that store ;)
 |
| Look at that wall of gloves ;) |
 |
| He was so happy to have a bat and ball. |
We spent a couple hours in Downtown Disney exploring the Lego store (while it rained outside), a princess store and eating at a sandwich shop.
 |
| Nicole's little lego creation |
I have lots of friends who would disagree with me...but, I would be happy to never go to Downtown Disney again. Whew...that place stressed me out. There were so many people and it was eye candy for the kids. They wanted everything in sight. I couldn't get out of there quick enough.
 |
| Buzz Lightyear, made out of Legos |
Once we got back to the resort it was after bedtime..but we took advantage of the pool one more time. We played until 9:30 or so. We just had so much fun with the kids. We even caught of glimpse of Disney's fireworks display.
We had to leave Monday morning...but of course we didn't leave until we played in the pool one more time. Our check out time was 11...and we were in the pool until 10:30:)
 |
| Mommy and her boy....just chilin' |
We enjoyed every moment together. We were basically "unplugged", meaning Jeremy's phone was off...and I stayed off the Internet. I wish we could that (being unplugged AND the vacation) more often.
1 comment:
Looks like they had an awesome time!
Post a Comment