I didn't really plan on doing this, but I felt like I needed to bring complete closure to a very difficult time in my life...so...here it goes.
Today is my due date. The day was honestly not as difficult as I anticipated (I have been secretly praying over this day for weeks). I knew it would come - and it has, and now, hopefully I can look back and see how the Lord used my unexpected pregnancy, and even more unexpected loss in a way that, I pray, has brought him glory.
6 months ago I lost the little baby I was not expecting, but had "made room for" in my heart and life...only to have him or her taken before they could breathe their first breathe. I have learned a lot through that time, and through a summer that was so terrible, I'm not sure anyone really knew what was really going through my head.
The past six months (ok, the past year) have been incredibly challenging, at times - flat out depressing and hopeless feeling, and recently, incredibly miraculous. So many thoughts, emotions and feelings have flooded my mind and heart that I often don't know whether to laugh or cry. But, the past six months have stretched my faith further than I knew was possible...yet, the entire time, I knew God was holding, not just my hand...but my heart.
After my traumatic miscarriage, extreme loss of blood and near instantaneous loss of pregnancy hormones - I struggled. I know this might sound crazy because I was "only" 12 weeks...but, for the first time ever I understood what true post partum depression was. Even in my deepest, darkest moments, I knew (although I didn't want to admit) that God was still holding me. I knew because I was not acting according what I was feeling. I knew The Holy Spirit was allowing me walk a dark path, yet was refraining me...holding me back. I experienced thoughts and feelings that I know will help me to better empathize with others, really...for the rest of my life. Some of the greatest missionaries, pastors and writers have walked darkened roads, and knowing that has encouraged me.
But, that darkness left almost as fast as it came. By the middle of August, my mind became more clear.
Looking back now, I'm not sure I would have changed anything. One of my closest girlfriends went through a nearly identical loss, just a few months later, and I was able to walk with her unlike what others may have been able to do.
Even the day we lost the baby, I knew and reminded myself that "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, Blessed be the name of the Lord." I pray his name has been blessed, even through the loss of a pregnancy, a dark summer, the loss of a friend's baby, the redeeming of a mind blinded by pain, and a marriage strengthed through difficulty.
And now, it's here. The date I would have begun feeling anxious (because I'm always overdue). The date I had already thought about for hours, then dreaded for months. And, just like in mid May, I have thought to myself all day "Michele, The Lord gives and the Lord takes away...Blessed be the name of the Lord." May His name be blessed and honored in my very simple life. May he continue to mold and shape me so that He may use me to encourage other believers and non believers as we continue on our journey of life.
4 comments:
Michele, I've never met you yet the Lord has used you in my life in powerful ways. You are an inspiration to many. Maybe that's why God chose you to be the mother of a special little boy He created for the sole purpose of praising God forever in Heaven. Your little boy will know only perfect joy and peace for all eternity and never suffer any of the sorrows of this sinful world. Someday you will be together with all your children in Heaven because of your faithfulness and trust in God's perfect plan.
Blessings to you today...
Susan
I don't have to tell you that God has used you in my life, including through this situation. Who knows why it happened. But when I thought I might miscarry at 12 weeks, I felt peculiar peace about the situation because I know so many incredible women who have been through it, who live to tell about it, and love more because of it. I know you didn't write this for accolades so I don't want to make you feel weird or anything, but it's all true. I'm glad you can come forward to share your struggle. And I am really excited for you in this new chapter of your life. You will be more than fine!
Thank You Michele for Sharing your life so Openly. There is not a day that goes by that you don't Bless your dad and I, just to hear your voice, just to see your smiling face, a good laugh, making no bakes.....no matter what it is, our cup over Flowth!! May the Lord Bless you and keep you, may the Lord make his face to continue to shine upon you and give you his Unconditional Love and Peace!!
We Love you so very much!! xoxoxox
Love you Michele. I am always amazed at your strength! Know that God is using you through your trails.
Post a Comment