We played hookie today....well, sort of.
Jeremy has not felt well this week, and it's been questionable if the kids were battling what he has, or if we all just have allergy issues (pollen levels are high). I would prefer to chalk it up to allergies, but this morning when we woke up to go to CC....the kids all said their throats hurt (this may have been their excuse for a cough drop), and all still had the sniffles and sneezes pretty bad.
So....for the sake of the other kids in the nursery, we skipped CC this morning.
However, my poor husband would have come home to a crazy lady tonight if I had to stay in this house one more day with the kids. It's been a rough week (lots of boo boos...lots of potty training, and some bad attitudes and fighting). We needed out....NOW!
We packed the van up with our bicycles, lunch and snacks and took off to Lettuce Lake Park. I had no idea what to expect because I had never been to this park, nor do I know anyone who has been the park.
| Riding down a bike path |
It was the perfect day for us! I love this park!!!
We rode our bikes around a 1.25 mile loop (twice), walked on their beautiful boardwalk through the woods and to Hillsborough River, played on the play ground and even saw a (homeschooling) teenager riding a unicycle!
It was just what I needed with the kids. A new adventure, outside, with few rules and lots of fun.
We saw alligators and turtles
| Alligator (there were two here, but I just took a picture of 1) |
| click on this picture to make it full screen. You can see two alligators and several turtles on the same log |
| I'm so happy this came out...this turtle was really far away, perched on a log sticking out of the water |
| And...a few more turtles |
Some familiar birds....
| A white ibis I think |
| A White Egret. This one was hunting. It was motionless...and then it would see it's fish and snatch it out of the water. It was cool to see. We saw him get a couple fish. |
and some strange birds.
| I have no idea what kind of bird this is. I've never seen one. It was huge and very fluffy |
| If you click on this and make it full screen...you can see it's beak open as it's catching a fish |
We climbed an observation tower
| Nate is saying "Shhh" as we climb the tower |
And this was our view
| A view of the river from the tower |
| This is the same picture above, except zoomed in as far as my camera would let me. I saw a bird...and my camera got it! |
Nate ended up falling asleep on our last bike ride.
| We took one last bike ride...and it knocked Nate out :) |
2 comments:
Playing hookie was a fun thing to do....I love the pictures.
God Bless you and your family...
Mama Pat
Thank you for all the pics! We've been learning about oceans, rivers and lakes, so it was neat to go through your pictures and see how different FL is from almost any where else. Nate is so cute in that picture on the stairs, by the way.
Post a Comment