Monday, April 30, 2012
Hannah turns 4!
Every time someone looks at me and says, "Cherish these years, they may be hard but they go by quickly." I always look at them and say "I do". Because although I am young, and my children are very young, I am already very aware that these years are going by faster than I anticipated.
My sweet little girl, Hannah, turned four yesterday. I can remember the moment she was born better than almost anything. She has brought more laughter and joy and sweetness into our family that I could have ever imagined. I love watching Hannah grow up. I love her comedic timing...it's nearly perfect. I love that her favorite place to be is still in mommy's arms (or daddy's...or really, anyone who will hold her. But, since I'm the one writing this...then, it gets to be MY arms ;) I am sad that she is getting to heavy and to big for me to carry around.
I tried to bribe her with $10 if she wouldn't turn four...it almost worked, until smartypants Nicole reminded Hannah that no matter how much money I gave her, she would still have a birthday.
I love that she tells me she needs "lonely time" with just mommy when she wants to go to the store with me and no one else. Or, when she needs "lonely time" with daddy so she can get a jeep ride ;)
Hannah is a story teller...and I can not wait to see how this develops in her. She is constantly playing pretend and making up stories. I caught her laying next to Nathan the other during at the beginning of his nap time. I asked what she was doing and she said, "I'm telling him a story". It went on for 10 minutes, until I told her she needed to end the story. I hope this is a trait I can allow her develop as she learns to read and write.
I love that Hannah still can't say her "S" sound and that when she is sick she says, "Mommy, I can't fwallow my fit". I think she only says "sebygebby" now because she wants to make us laugh laugh.
Hannah loves to wear dresses and skirts. It is rare to see her in shorts or pants. So much so that I had to force her to wear shorts for a while because she cried over not wearing a dress. She told me that "she can't look pretty in shorts". This made me so sad. I don't want her to think that her clothes or hair or shoes define her beauty. This is something I'm glad I discovered about her when she was three..and not thirteen, or seventeen. I am praying that the Lord would help me to teach her to find her beauty within..from Him. Not from her clothes. She also loves to wear "high heel shoes"
Hannah is strong and can be adventurous. She learned to ride her bike at only 3 1/2 years old. She loves her puppy dog "Princess Lucy". And, she simply adores her brother and sister.
Hannah is always ready to give a smile or a hug or a laugh. I am so thankful that God allowed Jeremy and I to be her parents. It is a precious gift that I don't ever want to take for granted.
We love you Hannah Girl! Happy Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment