We did accomplish one really nice project. During naps on Thursday, Nicole and I made a 7 Wonders of the Ancient World brochure. We had been reading about the wonders all week long. I showed Nicole some different brochures and let her take it from there.
She decided how she wanted it folded. She also knew she wanted a map in it and suggested tracing it out of one of our books. So, while she traced and colored the map, I worked on putting together little statements about each of the wonders.
Then we got on the computer and googled images. I let her pick out the images she wanted to use and decide how everything would be put together. She wanted each wonder to be printed with a different color ink.
I love the finished product. I can honestly say that Nicole learned a lot about the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Woohoo!!! Go Nicole! (and I learned even more than she did!)
| A close up of her map. |
Nicole and Hannah wrote cards to three children who are in the hospital with cancer. My aunt is involved with a neat organization called C.O.L.E.S. Foundation. They have a neat organization called Kids Unite to Fight where the foundation sends cards for children to fill out and send to another child. A note of encouragement or prayer. It's pretty cool. We even got the child's website so we could see what they were currently struggling with.
We also made it to our first softball game up here. The kids had a blast watching their daddy play softball...we miss it!
Finally, just a sweet nap time pictures of Nate and Hannah. Look....they're holding hands! Everyone together...."Awe".
2 comments:
I love Nicole's brochure. I would have loved doing stuff like that as a kid! It looks so professional and she's learning how to advertise and share information like a pro!
Yeah....when I first brought up the idea on Monday, she was not excited, so I sort of ditched it. But then on Thursday, she asked when we were going to make the brochure. She really put the whole thing together. I just helped her make it happen. I was so pleased :)
Post a Comment