Monday, December 10, 2012

Reindeer Games

It is December - already!  I am not sure where this year has gone.  It has flown by!!!  The thing I hate about getting older....time goes much faster.

I decided for the month of December that we would take a break from CC.  We would have a theme that would last 3 days to a week that would drive us through this month.

Of course we doing a lot of reading from Luke and being sure that we have a solid understanding of why we celebrate Christmas.  But, we are also doing some silly and fun lessons as well.

Our first week was all about reindeer, or Caribou as they are more widley known.  Nicole and I read several books together that taught us a lot about Caribou.  She was fasinated by all the special ways God made Caribou to live in the Tundra ( like covering every square inch of their body with hair...even their nose).  She gave Jeremy a very strong dictation of everything she learned one night at the dinner table.  I was quite impressed.

We also use Santa's Reindeer as a catapult to learn how to alphabetize words.  We read "If you take the Mouse to the Movies" and then wrote our own version "If you give a Reindeer a Rootbeer float".  Of course, we had to make root beer floats that night.  We watch Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and finished our week off with a special Reindeer breakfast.
Our Reindeer pancakes
Hannah is my egg cracker.
Nicole made the pancakes for us

No comments: