Thursday, December 5, 2013

Grandma, Conservancy, the Pier, Oh my!

We spent a few days in Naples at the beginning of the month.  The main goal was to spend a little time with my grandma who is staying with my parents.  We only get to see her a few times a year...at most.  However, one morning, we needed to get out of the house for a little while.  So, I took the kids to the Naples Conservancy.  I haven't been there since elementary school.  It was a really nice morning. They have some beautiful exhibits.  

This was the history of Florida's watershed, and the problems that have come up due to rapid growth this century.

A protected Indigo Snake.  I like snakes that are behind glass.

We were watching a video about Florida panthers I believe.  You can see the exhibits behind us though...really nice.

Their little touch tank is always fun.

We took a nature walk tour and learning about some native plants and butterflies.
 We also listened to a presentation on Florida reptiles.  The kids all touched an alligator.  We were suppose to go on a boat ride, but a little four year old I know wouldn't put a life jacket on.

That evening, I convinced my mom and grandma to come to the pier with us to watch the sunset.  We are thankful for the handicap pass that let us park close to the pier, and for free too!

Mom, Nicole, Grandma 'Mimi', Hannah

Beautiful.  I love this place!

Hey look...it's me!  I never seem to make it into pictures.

Great- grandma Mimi with the kiddos.  She is 86 years old.


Nathan enjoyed watching the pelicans dive into the water for fish.



ahhhhhhh........

No comments: