We had a wonderful weekend celebrating our country's independence and enjoying time with my mom and dad.
We started the fourth off with an early morning 5K race.
This was the first time Jeremy has participated in a race like this.
He finished the 3.2 miles in less than 30 minutes (I think something like 29:19)
A few people from our church ran, so it was good motivation for him.
It was fun hanging out with friends while we waited for our spouses (and daddies) to cross the finish line.
After his race, we had to walk all the way back to the park and line up for the Fourth of July parade and the American Heritage Girls float.
Maybe I am weird, but I really enjoy walking alongside the float.
My mom bought some bubbles, which were a great hit for us walkers. I tried to find all the babies I could and blow bubbles at them!
The girls enjoyed squiring people with their water guns.
After a 2 hour nap at home, we took off again for a party at a business partner's house. The live right on the water and have a dunk tank, water slide, lots of food, kayaks, and dancing to keep everyone occupied. It was actually a lot of fun.
The kids had a blast in the water while dad threw them down the water slide.
Jeremy took Nicole out on the kayak.
Mom, the kids, and I had fun dancing.
Nicole even caught a fish
After sleeping in a bit on Saturday morning, the kids enjoyed playing with yaya for a while. Mom put on a puppet show with them, first using a little doggy puppet.
This quickly morphed into a full on painting of Yaya to make her the puppet.
I know this is a memory the children will enjoy.
I'm so thankful that she likes to get down and be silly with them.
I think she may even have more fun than they do ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment