Week 1 really only showed one day of school work, Monday. I don't even remember it, however, I am pretty sure we stayed on a good schedule. Then the rest of the week hit and all of my obligations took over my life for a few days. To be honest, I was quite disappointed in this first week, and was ready to just give everything up. Thank goodness for prayer, a loving husband (who I actually saw very little of that week as our paths seemed to criss cross), a quick trip to Naples and weekend with mom, friends, and chocolate. I'm not sure what we did that week, except that I spent an extraordinary amount of time on the computer.
Week 2 was not looking much better and I was truly becoming stressed about what to do. We had workers at our house on Monday (that story is really long, and has not come to end, so it needs to be left untold at this point!). Anyway, as my kids were running around and they were trying to work one of the workers said, "So, do you homeschool?" Embarrassed, I looked around and said, "Yes....but not today". He laughed and we actually had quite a nice conversation about homeschooling.
Our first day of CC came on Tuesday. I was full of nerves and peace (is that ok? I don't know...I was anxious about how everyone would do, if the parents would like it, how I would juggle it all, etc....but also really excited about the new year). The first day was wonderful. I could not have asked for a better group of tutors, or sweeter group of families. A few kinks to work out...but all in all, a wonderful 1st day! Ahhhh.....peace. Yes, finally.
So, we spent Wed-Friday pretty committed to our schooling. The kids have completed their notebooking pages for the week, Nathan started speech therapy again, we did a science project and lots of reading. I'm pretty happy.
It was still hard though. I felt like my entire day was taken up with school work. Hannah and Nate need far longer than I anticipated for their reading program, Nicole needs one on one attention for spelling & Math, so does Hannah.
I'm trying to listen to each of them read for 10 minutes a day as well. I feel like I am schooling all day, then trying to find time to clean the house, cook, and enjoy them. I just loose sight of what my end goals are sometimes.
Our science sentence for this week was the four types of tissues. So, we tried dissecting a chicken wing again. We did this 3 years ago as well. I was more fun this time around.
| Making observations about their chicken wing |
| Hannah found evidence of feathers in the epithelial tissue |
| Connective Tissue (this is what grosses me out the most, bleh |
| Ha! I Love this one! It looks like she is grossed out, but she was having a great time. |
| I think she is pointed to a shiney ligament |
| Muscle tissue that she seperated |
No comments:
Post a Comment