Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Making of Athletes


The girls have really been enjoying our active lifestyle this summer.  Nicole has taken up running and recently joined a local youth running team.  She trains with them 2-3 times per week.  I like it because they are teaching her great stretches, helpful drills, good form, and lots of encouragement.  She likes it because she gets to run, meet new friends, and...run :)


Hannah and Nicole both did the local Jr. Triathlon this month as well.  What a wonderful event!  One of my goals is to particpate in a triathlon.  I'm really hoping to do it next spring.  These girls inspire me!


It's short, but a great start.  .4 mile run, approx 2 mile bike ride, and 400 yrd swim (in the Lazy River).  They get a shirt and a medal..

This time they participated with some sweet friends as well.

Jeremy and Nicole ran one final 5K for the summer as well.  



She asked me not to race so I could film her finish ;)  Her goal was to run it in under 30 minutes.

In case you forgot, a 5K is 3.1 miles.  

Under 30 minutes means faster than a 10 minute mile.

She did it!  She finished in 29:20!!!

Amazing...I was so proud!  She received a medal for placing first in her age category, 10 and under.

No comments: