| The girls were so excited to find a matching skirt. They wanted us to match at church....awe.... |
We started with our annual "When I grow up..." pictures
Nathan got two pictures this year because his first answer was so crazy.
Let's face it...the second answer was crazy too!
Even I got a picture this year. Yep- I'm that old!
I don't really have a lot of pictures from our week. Everyone started back in Cycle 1 of Classical Conversations. Nicole is starting the Essentials program for the first time.
We now have a book basket and I am working hard to implement "Tea Time" a few times throughout the week. The kids love it...but I've always had a "it's another thing to clean" attitude. However, I want to focus on spending time WITH them and this is something they all three really enjoy. So, we will have our snack, or um...tea time like this.
I was praying for the Lord to help me find a really cute, inexpensive tea set. After going to several thrift stores, I found this one...and it's perfect.
We read poems, silly books, chapter books, science...whatever during our tea time. It's a special time.
This is what Nicole looks like after an hour of Essentials and math ;)
Oh...and....as a bonus to our first week, Grammy and Gramps came down. We got to spend a bit of time with them in the evenings. The kids were thrilled! We even had an impromptu "belated birthday party" for Gramps.
No comments:
Post a Comment