Monday, December 21, 2015

Running Our Way Through the End of the Year

The kids LOVE to go through our blog books.  Because there is a great sale going on right now for printing my blog, I'm going to try to zip through the rest of this year in the next few posts  It may not be pretty....or even make much sense...but here we go!

This is the one on running.

We pretty much ran our way through November and December.  It started with Jeremy's second half marathon at Honeymoon Island.  We were excited about the race filled with friends from Tampa.  It pretty much turned into the worse race possible...with friends to grin and bare it with.

 The morning started off tame enough, an early stretch with daddy.

 The kids and I decided to try to get about a mile in front of the start line.  This vantage point would give us the opportunity to see Jeremy three times before he finished.
 This was close to mile 6.  Do you see that water bottle in his hand.  It's a good thing he had it!  The racing staff ran out of water and many runners had nothing.  Lesson #1...always bring your own hydration.
 It was a record high day, I believe mid 90s in November.  Crazy hot weather for a run with almost no shade, on primarily asphalt.  It was brutal.
 Thankfully, everyone finished and was safe.
 The whole crew- including the cheerleaders.
 We spent that evening at Maderia Beach, enjoying a hot and humid evening while eating outside at Bubba Gumps.  It looks pretty though, right?
 I don't have pictures of the next race.  After the disappointment of Honeymoon Island, Jeremy decided to sign up for another half in our town in two weeks.  It was actually a great course, except it monsooned the whole time.  I ran the 5K.

Soon after was Thanksgiving, and so we decided to give a local Turkey Trot a try.

 Jeremy did the one mile run with Nathan and Hannah.  Hanny did great and finished in great time for her.
 Nate enjoyed the view from daddy's shoulders ;)


Nicole and I ran 4 miles together.  After a brief walk around the 2.5 mile mark, we took off again.  We had a nice pace going.
However, when she saw the finish line, she took off like a rocket and left me in the dust.  I had no idea it was coming!

 Nicole is really enjoying being on the cross country and track team.  She loved learning how to start from the blocks like the big kids.

 December rolled around with a Christmas glo trot.
 Jeremy ran this one alone and came in FIRST place in his age category!  Way to get it done!
 The next day, I particpated in my first triathlon.  It was a sprint  distance.  This particular race included a 440 yrd swim, 10 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run.  I was really nervous about the swim.  But, I felt really cool in my tri suit with my tri tat.
 Before the race. It was cold outside...our first cold front of the season.  The water felt warm, which was nice.  The bike ride was cold.  I didn't warm up until I was almost done with the run.
 I finished in 1:30....which was amazing!  So, so happy with my time!

 Me and my bike.  I rented it....but then I bought it.  That thing took 20 minutes off my time!


We had a fun end to our year.

No comments: