Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Mommy/Daughter Tri

 Nicole and I signed up for an open distance triathlon that took place a few weeks ago.  This was a pretty big even for our area.  The day before I volunteered at the finish line of the full and half triathlon.  These athletes swam 2.5 miles, biked 112 miles, and ran 26.2 miles.  It was so inspiring to watch them finish!

The next day, Nicole and I took our turn.  We were suppose to have a 100yrd swim in the Gulf, 3 mile bike, and 1 mile run.
 Aren't our tri-tats cool?!?
 However, the race director canceled the swim for our race because of the dangerous rip current, so the race changed to a 1 mile run, 3 mile bike, and 1 mile run.  Nicole was pretty disappointed.  We had really psyched ourselves up over the swim, knowing that there would be waves, so it was disappointing and a relief that we didn't have to swim.

So, Nicole warmed us up for our run.  I followed everything she told me to do.
 We ran our first mile together.  I followed her on the bike, and then she blew me away on our final mile :)  I really enjoyed doing this race with her...and I think she enjoyed it too.



No comments: