Friday, July 24, 2020

Nathan At Brookes Burgers

Dad was out of town this week, so last night we went to Brookes Burgers for dinner. We all got a hamburger, but Nathan was funny (he's 10 now). He ordered a donut burger, which is pretty much a regular burger but instead of the bread buns, they're glazed donuts. But I think Nathan confused everyone at the table including our waiter...
"I'd like to get the kids donut burger," he said. "But could I have, like, an extra bun? Like another one I can put my burger on?" He was so confusing! The waiter tried to figure out what he meant, and mom tried to translate what he said, but neither one could figure it out quite right. So then we got our order and started eating, and Nathan got his donut burger. Then he said "Aw I didn't get the extra bun".
Sooo... when the waiter came to check on us Nathan said again "Could I have another bun?" By now mom knew that he wanted just a bread bun. He wanted to take the meat off the donut, eat the donut, then eat the burger with a regular bun. Once mom told the waiter what he meant Nathan got his extra bun. But it was still really funny to watch and listen too. 

No comments: