Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nicknames

Thank you all for your feedback. I've had some interesting ideas brought forth, both on here and on Facebook. I don't know how we will spell Nicole's name. More than likely it will be Nicki. I asked Jeremy last night how he would spell it, and that's what he said....so that's probably what will stick. It has been fun reading everyone's replies. Thanks for joining in.

I have some great pictures to share, however I'm using my laptop right now so I don't have access to them. Maybe I'll get them uploaded tomorrow:-) Until then....

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sorry I didn't add my two cents. I know it's basically all that matters. :)

I don't think it will make a difference, except that it should end with an "i."

My friend Nicole's nickname is "Cole" or "Coley." I think that's cute.

When I was little, people asked me if they could call me "Mandy," but I always replied, "My name is Amanda." I just didn't understand the whole nickname idea, and was confused why they'd want to call me Mandy. So it's cool that Nicole seems to understand the nickname, that it still IS her name.

John is very against nicknames and will only let us name our kids things that almost can't be shortened. Very tricky.