This morning we went to story time at a local library. Actually, I didn't know story time was taking place, we just happened upon it. Anyway, the librarian was reading a really cool pop up book in the shape of a hamburger. Each layer of the hamburger was made of something silly (like the lettuce was a yucky old sponge) with a bug in it....all kinds of bugs. When the librarian got to the ketchup (made of red poster paint), the bug that popped out of the flap was a cockroach.

Nicole said, "Hhhuuuhhh...mommy, just like at our house!"
Yeah, I just about died. Hey....we live in Florida, and I've never known a Florida home without la cucaraches every once in a while. And she saw me kill one a few weeks ago which I believe is why this is fresh in her memory
5 comments:
UGH
I feel for ya girl!
Huh-LARIOUS! Send it to Reader's Digest. I can just picture my grandma reading her copy and laughing her head off at this story.
That's really funny! Don't take it personal Michele! : ) I've never seen any bugs in your house! : )
Tiffy
That is great I think the only people who are surprised by the occasional roach would be northern folks. My husband about died the first time he saw one in our house and I was like oh yea just kill it please. He couldn't believe they come in the house but hey I told him that is why we spray and we live in the woods. LOL
This is so funny! I loved living in Fl and I miss it every day...but not those big FL size bugs!
Post a Comment