Well, after MOPS, Hannah fell asleep on the way home, so Nicole and I went inside, made lunch, and had a picnic outside...like we used to do ALL the time! It was fun, and she was super duper excited. Then, it was nap time so she slept (and so did Hannah!!!!!) and I got down to business picking up the house. After naps though, we went outside again and both girls got to play in the kiddie pool and swing for a while. It was fun. Hannah wasn't sure what to do about the pool. She just crawled in and out of it for most of the time. But, she definitely had fun.
After Jeremy came home, we had a yummy dinner and went for a walk to get ice cream. In my opinion, a perfect evening.
I love my life. I love my family. I want to treasure my moments with my girls because I do realize that all to quickly they will grow up. I don't want my memories of their preschool years to be me stressed because of demands others, or I, place on myself. I don't want to look back and wish I had slowed down a bit and just been there with my girls. I don't want to look back and only remember them sitting in their car seats as I gallivant around town running errands (which of course, must happen, often even...but not every wakeful moment they have). I want to remember having picnics, playing at the park, chasing, playing catch, eating crackers and drinking kool-aid at tea parties, stopping to smell flower (even if they are weeds), being silly and laughing. And, that's what I want them to remember too.



3 comments:
Michele, you are such a sweetie, and yes, the time does go by way to fast. It seems as though we are programed to run, run run all the time, but there is no place like home. and I have seen how much the girls and you enjoy your time at home, playing in the kitchen, and just doing the fun things that should happen in a daily life of little ones. You are all so content being at home, you have made your house a home!! It is so........great to slow down and smell the weeds, and to watch the girls interact with each other! Ponder every moment in your heart!! Love the pictures, even the doggie is involed in the daily playtime. Keep up the good work, you are an increadable stay at home mom!!! Much Love, Mom
They are so, so beautiful! I was encouraged at MOPS as well, and this morning, in fact, I didn't even bother coming downstairs until 11:30. Maryn and I spent 3 hours playing and cuddling in our bed. It was like Heaven.
I really hope we all remember to do things like this more often, to focus on the important things, to watch our children grow right before our eyes, and not in our peripheral vision.
I don't know how I've managed to become such an overachieving busybody, but I really hope I don't get into the habit again anytime soon!
Ohhhhh....awesome post. Thanks so much. I have to read this one again and again!
Post a Comment