Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Baby Registry List

I have had some friends and family ask me what I need for baby boy who is coming in a few months. I really don't feel like I "need" much, but there are a few things that may be helpful and definitely useful. My friend Teri likes to use a site called "The things I want". It's sort of an online registry that doesn't restrict you to a certain store, which is nice. A lot of the "things I want" can't be purchased a Babies R Us or Target. So...I'm working on piling some items together. I'm reluctantly putting this up, because I don't want people to think I'm greedy or want a lot...I'm just giving ideas to those who are interested in buying something. Some things are expensive, some aren't. I'll do a little registry at BRU and Target for some basic things (like extra sheets, wipes, etc) also.

Also....there are some (most) things that are totally fine used. Like, I put a Baby Bjorn on the list. Please don't buy a new one. There are great consignment stores around town that sell them at a much lower price ($25 instead of $100!!!!). So...used is fine. Ok...here it goes...here's the link.

Things I want

Oh...I just figured out how to put the list on my blog, so you can check it out on here if you want.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I was wondering if you'd be interested in a wipes warmer. I know the system you have works, but if I see one that's really cheap, would you like it?

Anonymous said...

I like your idea of the list but I have my own idea. When Logan was born my aunt got him a little blankie that he has carried around since the day we brought him home (we're on a second one now). The blankie is custom made and I would love to get one for your little guy, do you have any preference on colors? Email me and let me know :)

Michele said...

Awe....you guys are so super sweet...I'm almost ready to cry! (ok, I'm hormonal and sick today, so bear with me, haha).

Amanda...I've really never used a wipes warmer...I tried with nicole, but I think the one I had was crappy because it just dried out my wipes. However, "most" of the time I use my washclothes as wipes since my station is in the bathroom. So...if I need a warm wipe, I just use warm water. I usually use "real" wipes for things like messy hands and faces.

Kirsten...that's super sweet. Thanks! We don't really have a "theme" or anything. Blue & Brown and Blue & Green seem nice together, but I'm pretty color dumb, so whatever you like:-) Of course all things baseball or football is welcome (this poor kid will have balls thrown at him constantly until he learns to throw back, I'm sure!)

Amanda said...

Well...I was talking about the wipes warmer for your cloth wipes, silly...so that you don't have to run one under the sink...because with little boys you don't have much time to do things like that, you know...

Michele said...

Oh....hahaha, I have a lot to learn. I did think about adding those "peepee teepees" to the list! HA!

Jennifer said...

Hey I won't be able to stop by to visit today..had a dog emergency. Will tomorrow be okay to stop by and visit for a little while?

Michele said...

That's fine Jen....just give me a call:-)