Tuesday, July 21, 2009

CVS share

Last night after the Clipper Chicks meeting, I went to CVS with my friend Sky. I'm pretty sure she would agree that we did great!


Here's what I got...
1 2pk of C Duracell $2.99 and 1 ecb
2 pks of filler paper $2.00/1 and $2.00 ecb each
2 10pk of pens $.99/1 and $.99 ecb each
1 Speed stick pro $2.99 and 2 ecb
1 Bayer Glucose monitor $19.99 and 5 ecb
2 Sobe lifewater BOGO $1.59
2 Avery binders $3.00 each *See explaination
2 Memo books $.99/1 and $.99ecb each
2 Golden emblem choc. covered nuts $.99/1
Energizer battery $7.49

Subtotal $50.99
Coupons Used $34.24
$10/$50 CVS
$19.99 Bayer Contour
$.75 Duracell
$1.50 CVS Speedstick Pro
$2/2 Golden Emblem nuts
-$6.00 for notebooks (it seems that our CVS stores do not have in stock the binders that are $3 with $3 ecb...so this store manager substituted the Avery binders for us. We didn't get ecb, but we got 2 free binders...which I needed to have my subtotal be above $50 so I could use my $10/$50 Q)

Total after Coupons and discounts $11.40
Paid with $7.99 ECB
Grand total OOP $3.41
ECB Earned $15.96!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great, wish I knew how to do what you do with coupons but my one question is what do you do with a Glucose monitor and that sort of thing? Donate? Just wondering :)

Michele said...

Yeah...we do donate them. Actually, my midwife likes to give them to women who are borderline diabetic. I have my glucose test next visit...I'm hoping she doesn't give me back a monitor I gave her, haha!

I also don't really need all of those school supplies, at least not in the quantities I get them. So, my goal is to put together 2 well stocked backpacks to give to a home that takes in at risk pregnant teens. So...I'm a on a mission now, and it's kind of fun:-)

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful that you give back the things you don't need. Oh the glucose test...I hated that stuff you had to drink before..yuck. And donating the school stuff to at risk teens is a great idea as well. Very inspiring.

Amanda said...

If any of you Clipper Chicks know teachers in Immokalee, they could always use school supplies as well. They spend tons of money out of their own pockets each year buying school supplies.