Needless to say though, after nearly 2 hours in the Florida summer heat, we were ready to head back inside and cool off. Although Hannah was enjoying the A.C. the whole time, even she got to have a cool little snack.


Popsicles!!!!

Then, it was play time. We enjoyed spending the whole morning at home! Nicole had fun hiding behind furniture and building a sort of fort. And Hannah had fun bringing books to Mimi to read. I know she doesn't look happy in the picture, but she was. I had just missed a huge grin from her. She loved sitting on Mimi's lap looking at the pictures.

And, I finished the afternoon off with my favorite snack. I sure hope my midwife doesn't see this, because she does NOT approve. But, I LOVE Cheerios with M & Ms on top:-) Where did I ever come up with this concoction? When I was growing up, I would often spend the night at my grandma's house and she ALWAYS had M&Ms, plain and peanut. I blame her specifically for my addiction to the little colored chocoalte candies. However, sometimes she wouldn't have the "real cheerios". One thing I never buy as a store brand is cereal. The only company that make edible "Os" are cheerios. Anyway...sometimes she would have store brand (of course not knowing my preference for the real deal, or else I'm SURE she would have bought those for me). But, to be a polite little girl and not offend, I would cover my store brand O shaped cereal with the delicious and unending supply of M&Ms. This helped me swallow the yucky, soggy immitation without hurting anyone's feelings. Now, as a grown up, this is truly my comfort food. I love to sit down with a nice bowl of (real) cheerios with M&Ms on top. Yummy!
3 comments:
M&M's with Cheerios is quite interesting. Never heard of that one but when I was a kid my grandpa ALWAYS has peanut M&M's and they are my weakness for sure.
OKAY,TRY M&M'S WITH POPCORN.
LOVE,
AUNT JULIE
Oh, yeah...that's good too.
Actually...M&Ms with Wheat Thins are a GREAT afternoon snack. Who am I kidding? M&Ms with anything is great!
Post a Comment