Nathan is growing so fast! He is changing and being more "boy" and getting stronger and sillier and funnier and...he's just really cool! I want to document a few of the things that have been happening lately.
Nate is a climber. He climbs and stands on anything he possible can. He climbs onto children's chairs, on top of toys, over bodies...anything that can be climbed....he climbs. I really have to watch him and make sure he doesn't get hurt....or make it on top of the counter tops. That would be bad.
Nathan likes baseball!!!! yay!!!! For his birthday, he got a little tiny playschool T-ball set. It a little T with a bat and a ball. A few weeks ago, I was watching Nathan play. He looked around the room and found the baseball. He crawled over to it and placed it on top of the T. Genius! Then, he looked around again and found the bat. He crawled over to it, got it, and brought it back by the T (with the ball on top). Then, he gripped the bat and swung...and he slapped the ball off the T. Again, he chased the ball down and brought it to the T and did it again. Over and over he does this. I think it's amazing. He's not only smart...he's athletic too!
Today while feeding him lunch, I had out applesauce and cottage cheese. He was being choosey as to what he would eat and when. I would feed him a few spoonfuls of applesauce, and then he would shake his head at the next bite. So, I would knock the applesauce off and scoop up some cottage cheese...which he would then eat a few bites of and then shake his head. No more cottage cheese, back to the applesauce. This went on throughout lunch. He would alternate his food every few bites. The girls never did that....I think it's kind of funny.
Nathan has seemed really happy lately. Today, we were driving and I turned around at a stop light to look at him. He was just sitting in his car seat - smiling. Then, he laughed when he noticed I was looking at him. He's so stinkin cute!
Nathan is a pleasure to be around. He is pretty loud at times, grunting and yelling...but he's also really sweet and cute. He loves to play and laugh and tease me and his sisters. And, he likes balls! Woohoo!!!! I love that little boy, he's my little Nate.
1 comment:
You know, about that climbing thing... I can tell with B it is partly because of being a boy, partly because it is in his personality, but I also think it has a lot to do with being the second child. He has consistently been more of a climber than Drew ever was. I think as the second, he wants to emulate big brother so much that it makes him try harder to achieve such physical feats! In Nate's case, being a boy, of course, and perhaps, because he is number three, have something to do with it!
Post a Comment