I have found that one of the most popular tools in our home schooling adventures thus far are dry-erase markers. Yes, we have two white boards that are hanging in our kitchen which all three children like to draw on....but I'm not even talking about that.
I have put together a three-ring binder that is full of Handwriting practice and phonics worksheets. Each worksheet is placed in a plastic sheet protector.
The girls can write on this sheet protector over and over. It's saving me time and money because I don't have to be constantly printing worksheets. And, more importantly, I can pull this binder out and Hannah goes to town as she practices writing her letters, which gives me time to help Nicole more closely with her math or reading.
I can not believe how well Hannah traces the letters! She has wonderful pencil (or marker) control. She really likes to sit there and trace the letters and will do it for 15 minutes or so.
Then, she erases her work and moves on to something else. I would highly suggest all you home school moms to make a binder like this. I will probably add some basic math problems in there too so Nicole can also practice her math whenever she wants to.
This is a page I printed from worksheet works. This sheet challenges Nicole to think of the alphabet without singing it all the way through. She has to write the letter that is between two letters, or in front of or behind. They don't give the student much room to write, but this will be great practice for her as she begins to learn to alphabetize things. Another great resources for handwriting sheets is Donna Young. I printed most of these sheets off of Confessions of a Homeschooler.





1 comment:
What an awesome idea!! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to put this one to work soon. :)
Post a Comment