After Christmas, when we owned our new home, but didn't have the time or man-power to move in yet, we were really in limbo (as far as where to live). We ended up staying with Jeremy where his new company was putting him up at...on a beach. Score for us!
The view from our room was wonderful. We had a big two bedroom room with a kitchen (Yay!)
Because of all the craziness in our lives the weeks before, I decided to take these few days and do only two things :1. Clean our new house, about an hour away and 2. Play with my kids.
 |
| Nathan...love this little boy! |
Unfortunately, a cold front came through and we couldn't use the beach the way I originally planned. However, I must say that I enjoyed the beach far more with pants and a sweater on than I ever did in a bathing suit.
 |
| They were so cold...but as soon as they saw how big the beach was...they took off running and screaming like wild children :) |
The kids and I had a blast while Jeremy worked (sorry honey). The beach was HUGE! The biggest beach I had ever seen. The wind was strong and very cold, but we enjoyed it (well, Nate cried quite a bit...but the girls loved it).
They dug holes
 |
| Nicole's lower body was completely covered |
Played race with the waves (Hannah got so wet one day that her sweat pants kept falling down, haha)
The enjoyed the beauty of God's creation (so much so that I "caught" Nicole wandering off singing praises to God. She told me that the beautiful sky and water just made her want to sing praises to the Lord! What a pure child like faith and love for the Lord she has...I LOVE it!)
 |
| I love this picture |
 |
| And this one too |
I forget why, but one night Jeremy had to work really late. So...the kids and I put a pizza in the oven and ate cookies and watched a movie, after taking a sunset walk on the beach....it was perfect :)
 |
| Amazing sunset |
Our final morning, we were even able to get out there before the sun found it's way out of the clouds.
 |
| Beautiful sunrise |
This was an extremely peaceful few days that our whole family needed...it was great! And, I would definitely want to vacation here again!
No comments:
Post a Comment