![]() |
| Add caption |
Today was a difficult day at our church, as we said goodbye to our wonderful, Godly Pastor Andrew, his beautiful, sweet, Godly wife Melinda, and their three fun and kind children, Drew, Austin, and Alyssa. They moved to the Tampa area almost 8 years ago, feeling led to start a Gospel centered church in the North/New Tampa area. That church is now well established, healthy, loving, and growing, and it was time for them to move on.
| Presentation of the quilt made for them, then signed by our church family |
Two and a half years ago, I went to the Goodwill to get a cheap trash can for our new home. I saw the sign for Grace Baptist Church in an office building behind the Good will. After spending a little time on the website, I called the number, and Pastor Andrew promptly picked up. We chatted for a few minutes as he shared about the church, his preaching style, and the body there.
The next week, we stopped by after a Wednesday night meeting and met for a few minutes. That Sunday, we attended our first service, and never searched for another church in this area. We were instantly greeted with happy faces, friendly handshakes, and a pizza lunch with Pastor and his family. We knew this is where we were suppose to be.
We have spent many hours with this sweet family, both worshiping together and enjoying life with one another.
It has been so neat to have our Pastor so accessible, his family so real, and to have a real friendship with them.
We have spent evening together grilling hamburgers and hot dogs, shooting off fire works,
| Last Year's Fourth of July bicycle parade |
having water balloon fights, watching football, listening to crazy "southern family" stories, and even celebrating birthdays.
| BCS Championship bowl game....outside on the big screen |
Pastor Andrews sermons were always full of spiritual meat and always went back to the gospel. He is a servant shepherd who loves the families God put in his path.
Melinda is a beautiful, God fearing woman who is real as can be. She is lovely and loving. She shared her beautiful piano playing and singing frequently, and I could always rely on her to help me scrape up the last remains of the brownie pan :) I enjoyed days spent at her house making popcorn, talking about the Lord, and about homeschooling. I am thankful for women like her that God has put in my life. Women I can look up to and strive to be like. I will miss her terribly.
Their children are full of life and energy. It has been a joy to watch Drew grow up these last 2 years as he learned to play guitar and began leading worship on Sundays. I loved to see that 15 year old, using his talents to honor His Lord. He is always respectful and kind.
Austin has such a sweet personality that draws others to him. He works well with the young children of the church, careful for their safety, but also plays like a big brother.
Alyssa has an amazing little personality. She and the girls would often hunt for lizards, climb trees, and run around barefoot together. We will miss her.
I love this family. My heart is sad to see them go, but I also know that they are where the Lord has now called them. Good byes are hard. I am thankful the Lord brought us to our church when He did. I am thankful to have known this sweet family, and I'm thankful that, although it is good bye for now, it is not forever.
Thank you Pastor Andrew and Melinda for pouring your life and love into our family. We appreciate you, love you, and will miss you.

No comments:
Post a Comment