Friday, September 26, 2014

Another Week in Review.


OK, so these are our pictures from the past week....well, I think it's been more like 10 days...

Science Experiment about lung capacity.  I think Nicole's face is turning red.
 These two are the sweetest siblings!  Waiting nicely for their turn.

OK, Hannah's turn now to blow through her straw.  How much water can she push out?


This is Nathan, gathering up a big breathe, ready to blow super hard!  Isn't he cute?


One of our drawing pieces for this week.  Be impressed....be very impressed.  Why yes, that IS my drawing of the Statue of Liberty, thank you very much!
 Oh, this isn't about me?  Well, fine....here are Nicole and Hannah's as well.  Lady Liberty looks a little ticked off in these drawings.  I love how Hannah included the buildings of NYC (including her attempt at the Empire State Building)
 I LOVE this map of the USA that Hannah drew.  She wasn't looking at anything, actually she drew it when she was suppose to be doing something else.  But, I didn't get mad.  This is why we trace!

Earlier this week, we learned about Pennsylvania through our Road Trip USA guide we are using.  So, of course, we needed to celebrate this great state!

We made peanut butter kiss cookies, with Hershey's kisses, since the largest chocolate factory in the US is in Pennsylvania.


We also tried to make a Philly Cheese Steak.  I never made nor eaten a sandwhich like this before.  It was our dinner one night, and quite good by the way.  The kids are asking me to make it again.
 We topped off the week by going to a concert for one of my favorite muscians.  I first heard Andrew Peterson play when I was in college.  His voice has a unique sound....and it's exactly the same live as it is on his albums.  You've got to respect that!  He is a great storyteller, which made the songs come to life.
 The kids hung in there for a long, late, and maybe not exciting to them concert.  This is what Hannah looked like by the end of the night!
 Just kidding, she's still our little cutie, with her ornery little brother.
 Wait, now it looks like a strange two headed monster!
 Nevermind, it's just a goofy four year old!
 Nicole insisted upon standing in line aferward for a photo with Andrew Peterson.  (Why is my hair so yellow?  Mom.....I think I need to go back to dark again for a while...)
 He was playing around with Nathan and pretending to "flick a booger"  at him.  I decided to pretend along.  This is a classical "Michele" picture.  I'm doing something stupid while everyone else is smiling....so embarrassing.
 OK, this might be the best thing from the week!  Nathan wrote me a card.  I says, " i luv u momee".  It's perfect!  I love it!
 Finally, we were learning about the evolution of the American Flag, from the first "Old Glory" , possibly designed and sewed by Betsy Ross, to our current flag.  It inspired this mess of red, white, and blue.



No comments: