One of my favorite things about homeschooling is that my children love learning. I realize they could possibly love learning even if they went to a public or private school, but I really think that our mentality of "you are always learning" helps. Last year, one of our CC history sentences mentioned Joan of Arc and the Hundred Years War. We read a few books about her and the time period, and I moved on.
Nicole, however, didn't.
Apparently, she had been thinking of Joan for quite some time. Early this summer, she decided to put together a Lego movie about lady of France. She spent hours weeding through her legos looking for ways to design a battle, a palace, and even Joan being burned at the stake.
She then spent time thinking about a script, hand writing it, then typing it on the computer. She spent hours building and re-building her set. Finally, she had to wait until her friend Katrina could come over and make the movie with her.
Nicole wanted her friend there, and Katrina had some great humor to add to the story.
They spent 6 hours last Saturday taking almost 400 pictures of their lego set, each with pieces moving just a tiny bit at a time.
Little sister, Hannah, wanted to be helpful, so she made a really yummy, and healthy snack.
If you know anything about Nicole or Katrina, you know that they also love being outside, exploring, and bugs. So, of course, there were a few "5 minute Lizard Breaks" in there as well :)
I am so proud of these girls, and especially Nicole. This was all on her own initiative. She poured her time, energy, and mind into this, and I think it turned out wonderfully!







No comments:
Post a Comment