Saturday, September 6, 2014

Horsemanship 101

A horse is a horse of course of course....

I really should try to find and old Mr. Ed TV show to let the kids watch.  I bet they would get a kick out of it!

Several weeks ago, a homeschool mom put together a Horsemanship class for homeschool students.  We chose the every other week option as a way to introduce our girls to horses.

Hannah has been asking, almost daily, for several months when she can take horse riding lessons.  Um....I'm not sure if anyone has told you, but....horse riding lessons are expensive!  Like, really, really expensive!
Hannah was upset that she had to wear pants.  She hoped that tights would be ok, but I made her wear jeans.  However, she still wore her dress :)


This horsemanship class is wonderful.  You get a pretty big Bang for your buck.  So much so, that we could swing it for both girls to take a class two times a month.


Their first lesson was yesterday.

Introducing herself to "Pockets"

It was 2 1/2 hours of learning and riding.
Hannah got to ride too.  I just wasn't there to snap the pictures this time.

On the first day, they got to learn about the stable, meet many of the 55 horses, learn about horse markings and colors, and even got their first trail ride in.



It was wonderful!

It made me happy to see how happy they were at the class.


Wait...wrong way!

Nathan enjoyed 2 hours with me all to himself :)
"Their" horse, Pockets

PS...I'm scared of horses.

No comments: