We've been reading a book called Hand, Hand, Finger, Thumb. It's about monkeys playing drums and a few other instruments. It's an easy book with short familiar words. But, there are a lot of teachable moments in the book. Carrying on the monkey theme, we have also been reading Caps for Sale (about a peddler who sells caps, falls asleep, and monkeys take them...then give them back) and Curious George Goes to the Aquarium. We have talked about a lot of things this week including manners (shaking hands when you meet someone), instruments, fruit, opposits, laziness, aquariums, and several verses of the Bible about praising our God and shouting for joy. It's been fun. Here are a few of our pictures.
Drum and a trumpet we made from things around the house. We had fun showing them off for the grandparents and marching around the house making noise.


Our monkey cupcakes we made for dessert tonight. Nicole did a great job counting M&Ms and cookies while decorating. She counted to 10 with very minimal help. I wish I had a book with some Picaso paintings because these monkey faces are deffinately unusual.


4 comments:
Too cute. . . did you just post that? I was checking out the video with the "no no nos" and then saw the Hand Hand Fingers Thumb post!
Anyway, sounds like you did a great job and had a blast! That was such a fun book and unit for us! What is on the agenda next, teacher? :-)
How great you are with your ideas and creative. I love those monkey cookies.. what a great idea.What fun...
love you all..
mama pat
Nicole is growing up so fast!! and just think Hannah will be 4 months old in a few days!!! Michele, I love what you are teaching Nicole, making the drum, the flute, what a great idea!! But the cupcakes YUMMIE I was honored to have one today, the best cupcakes I have ever eaten!!! I love the concentration on her cute little face while making the cupcakes, she is so focused!! What a fun mommy you are!!
Love you all xoxoxox
Incredible (edible) cupcakes!
See you soooon! Miss ya, Jen
Post a Comment